Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A tribal vintage beauty

To be honest I wasn't really familiar with Native American jewelries until I looked at this month's Marie Claire and went through Mandy Moore's photo shoots. Yes, sorry, that's how ignorant I was. My potential defense would be that I didn't grow up here in America. Ok...I don't think that'll work out. Apology proposed.

I have, though, known for a fact that turquoise stones are gorgeous but they're a bit tricky to wear as accessories. They just seem to carry such bold manner, especially when they come in such big shapes, that if you mix them with not-so-simple outfit, I don't think it's going to be too easy on the eye. At least that's how it is for me.

But this Large Navajo Necklace from Southwestern Jewelry is just breathtaking beyond words. It still carries the bold manner that I was talking about, but it's also the same thing that constructs such magnificent aura in it. It's so grand, it's almost mystical. Still very traditional in its tribal vintage elements, but so bewitching it can still be paired up with anything contemporary.


Photo: James White/Marie Claire


Photo: Southwestern Jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment