Thursday, March 5, 2009

Goodbye bland whole wheat pastas, for now.

It started out with me giving up meat for Lent without being considerate with my stomach and my taste buds. It's almost like a double whammy since I'm not at the very privileged point of where I can be very choosy of what I eat due to me being very active of skipping my daily job (Yes, again, my broadcast class is the culprit). Meaning I'm also currently broke. So, since seafood is almost unaffordable, non-meat food would translate only to one thing: veggies. Spinach, brussels sprouts, and broccoli are my BFFs.

As a result of my appetite ennui, I plan to do some cooking this weekend. Might I emphasize that it takes a well-constructed PLAN in advance for me to cook, due to time constraint and my slothful desire to just lay in bed surrounded by my mags, tv, and macbook. Trust me, this is quite a rare occasion. I guess I'll just stop by at a grocery store tomorrow and I have these delicious recipes that I have my eyes on:

Spinach-stuffed mushrooms

Photo: Kraftfoods.com

And Asparagus Frittata with Creme Fraiche and Chives

Photo: The Food Channel

And of course they combine the best of best veggies: spinach and mushrooms. Asparagus is great too! My boyfriend usually pairs them up with baked salmon; one of his specialties. So wish me luck for this weekend as I move one step forward in my cooking quest. I'm just gonna store them in a tupperware and have them for the next few weeks (seriously I don't think this condition is going to improve at all after I graduate from college) for an hors d'oeuvre before I move on to my pita bread with grilled veggies for my entree.

I'm gonna google what a creme fraiche is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment