Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kampoeng Tempoe Doeloe: A Flashback of Childhood Memories

La Piazza yard was transformed into (what feels to be) a big schoolyard full of jajanan pasar*, bringing some of my fondest childhood reminiscence back.


I wasn't born that long ago, I had to admit, compared to some of my peers. Therefore I'd like to claim no expertise in talking about the oldies Jakarta. Yet, I can claim that I have a pretty solid memory of the street food snacks I ate growing up in the city.

Kampeng Tempoe Doeloe is a part of the Jakarta Fashion and Food Festival held in La Piazza, Kelapa Gading on May 14-29, 2011.

I've never really been a fan of a site that makes me do a lot of scrolling, so here are the pictures in a slideshow format (no, no tacky ballad song that auto plays simply when you didn't ask for it).


*jajanan pasar = street food snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment