Saturday, July 10, 2010

How I Like My Meat: with Rice


Image courtesy of Real Simple (Romulo Yanes)

This past weekend I was just sitting at Seattle's Best Coffee inside one of the Borders around where I live. And oh yuck, that savory herb and cream cheese pretzel was quite a disaster. But the guy who was working at that time looked like somebody's grandpa who looks like they deserve more to be doing some golf outing rather than serving lattes to a bunch of twenty-something bookworms. He's just way too nice and I didn't have the heart to tell him about how even Bess and Russ don't deserve a pretzel with that quality.

Anyways, that was totally irrelevant. While I was sitting down and flipping through the pages of some of my favorite magazines, I found this recipe. It is so easy to make and if you're like me, meaning you love to impress your significant other, this lamb chops and curried rice recipe I found on Real Simple would be a perfect fit. It' summery and still very hearty with the tenderness and succulence of the lamb chops.

You can always substitute the rice with some pantry potatoes with fresh thyme, parsley, and parmesan cheese. As for me, I'm a rice person - can't live without it. I thought of actually testing the recipe myself and taking pictures of it before writing this post, but I have no access to the camera at this moment. Oh well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment